Combat boots and pregnancy don't mix!!

2.10.2009




Army, Army, Army...I love the Army (The cadence that TJ loves to sing)

As you all know, I am in the Army Reserves. Part of that obligation is that I have to attend drill every weekend and two weeks out of the year. Well, needless to say, last months drill was the end of my regular Army Combat Uniforms (ACUs) and the beginning of maternity wear. You will notice from the picture that I was unable to button the top button...proof that my belly is growing. At first, I dreaded trying on maternity ACUs because I felt that they were going to be so uncomfortable. However, much to my surprise, they are really comfortable. Right now, I am performing my two week duties and am loving the maternity wear. I know that I will wear them as long as I possibly can. One problem that I am finding is that my feet swell during the day and by the time I take off my boots they are throbbing! On Tuesday's and Thursdays when I have class, I am in them for 14-15 hours...ouch!! Take a look at the pictures. It is pretty sad when you can tell exactly where the laces based on your leg imprints.

0 comments: