Where did the time go...

8.28.2009



I can't believe already today Imaya is 9 weeks old. She is about 11 1/2 pounds already and getting quite heaving for me to carry around everywhere. I think it is time for me to go to the gym and lift weights before she gets any bigger because my weakling arms get tired very easily.
lkjlkj
So far, Imaya sleeps pretty well through the night. Usually sleeping 5 hours at a stretch and then up for a bottle and 2 to 3 more hours. A couple times, once at home in ND and once this week, she slept 8 hours straight. Of course, that was with constant feeding a couple hours before bed time. She has become quite the night owl like me, usually going to bed around 10:30 pm. I like this much, much more than her being a morning lark!! If you know me, you know that I am NOT a morning person at all.
kjhkjh
When we returned from ND, I put Imaya in her crib in her room. Before, she was sleeping in a bassinet beside my bed. So, she has graduated to the big bed in her own room. I am proud of myself because I was so nervous about letting her sleep in a different room. Would I hear her? Would she get stuck between the mattress and the crib? You know, usual mom worries. But I am proud to say that she is doing just great in her crib.
kjhkjhkj
During a feedings, Imaya usually eats 4 ounces every 2 to 3 hours. Before bed, it is usually 6 ounces. Also, she is beginning to hold her hands near the bottle. A couple times she has been able to hold her own bottle, but it is usually short lived. At the beginning of each feeding, her hands are clenched together in a fist. At the end, when she is satisfied they are open. It is interesting to watch this during feedings.

I really believe that Imaya can now tell who her mommy and daddy are because when she sees or hears us she will light up and grin from ear to ear.

She began drooling and blowing bubbles this week. I always thought the drooling was during the teething period, guess that means that she will be getting teeth early.

I believe that Imaya is now more comfortable with baths. Since at home in ND, she has not cried during a bath like she used to. I believe this contributes to me putting a towel down for her to lay on in the tub and warmer water. The "hot" gauge that we use in the bath did not work for Imaya. The water got cold to fast and the screaming began. Once I realized that she liked the water a bit warmer bath time began to be a much more pleasant and enjoyable time for the both of us.

I also forgot to mention a few weeks ago, that Imaya will stand on her own bearing her own weight when you stand her up. I noticed this before we went to ND as I remember showing everyone how strong she was getting.

0 comments: