Growth spurts and some firsts...

8.05.2009

I thought yesterday would never end. Imaya seemed to be feeding every hour. Then when she got to sleep she would spit up waking herself up. I think she was up from 5pm to 12am with just a few naps here and there. I was absolutely exhausted and just irritable. I was so happy to see TJ come home and take her for awhile. What I realized today is that she was going through a growth spurt. All I needed to do was fed her more! Instead of eating 2 oz every two hours, she is now eating 3 oz. Now with her tummy full, she is sleeping again. Hallelujah!

This week was filled with a bunch of firsts. Imaya had her first smile while she was awake on August 6th. I was at El Jimador's restaurant waiting for a friend and she just looked up and me and smiled. My heart just melted. Also, Imaya is began to coo in addition to grunting quite a bit more than usual. She will make these sounds and then stop...almost like she is thinking, "was that me?" I can't wait for more firsts in the future...

0 comments: