5 weeks old

8.02.2009


space
Well, we are unfortunately no longer breast feeding. Imaya began to be reluctant to take my breast after she had been given the bottle quite a bit over this last week. Therefore, I decided that the fighting with her to try and breast feed had ended. I wish someone would have told me how painful it is after you quit. Nothing can describe how painful it was! The last couple of days, she has spit up after almost every feeding. Therefore, I am experimenting with different positions and formulas.
space
Imaya's neck muscles are developing as she pushes up off of your chest when burping and pulls her head up and turns it from side to side for a short while. Also, last week she began tracking things with her eyes. If you put a toy in front of her face and move it from side to side her eyes will follow it. I am patiently waiting for that smile when she is awake. Have gotten some during her sleep...but that is probably gas!
space
Only a couple days away until Imaya and I head to ND. We are so excited and I know our friends and family are as equally excited. Looks like we will be having a shower on Aug 11th with my father's side of the family and Aug 12th on my mother's side. Hope to see you all there. See you soon!

0 comments: