10 weeks old...wow!

9.04.2009



space
Imaya is 10 weeks old. Pretty soon my princess will be in school and I won't know what to do with myself. She is growing so fast. I wish that I could keep her this small and cuddly forever.
space
This week Imaya found my hair this week and has learned to grab onto it. Wonderful! Oh, did I mention that her nails grow ridiculously fast. Therefore, if a go longer than a week she scratches the heck out of my neck. Now, in addition to the scratching I am getting my hair pulled..
space
Since I have had so many people ask about the pronunciation of Imaya's name I thought I would take a minute to explain. Most of you know me pretty well to know that I do not follow the norm. If everyone is wearing black, I will probably be wearing white. And, of course, with the different spelling of my name you would guess that my baby would have an original name as well. Anyway, back to the pronunciation. Imaya is just like Amaya, instead of with an "i" sound as in igloo. We also call her Maya for short. Therefore, if you are uncomfortable with the pronunciation, Maya is easier. The minute I heard TJ ask me if I like Imaya I knew that it was it. It is such a beautiful, unique name which is perfect for our darling little daughter. Momma loves you Imaya.

0 comments: