Happy one month birthday Imaya

7.26.2009


space
This month has brought about many changes. Imaya is now keeping her gaze and his following an objects with her eyes. She feeds regularly and often keeping me from doing many of the tasks around the house that need to get done. She sometimes falls asleep before she finishes eating, therefore, she is up an hour later for the rest of her feeding. After feeding, I bring her to my chest and burp her. Most of the time she doesn't burp. Instead, she spits up me. Then, after is a deep sleep I transfer her to the crib on her belly for her nap until the next feeding. While she sleeps I often see many smiles and last week started hearing her giggling. When she begins to wake up from her nap she grunts and begins her 2-5 minutes stretching routine. Her stretches are the cutest thing I have ever seen!
space

space
We are still breastfeeding, however, Imaya does get a bottle of formula or pumped milk 3-5 times a week. We do this at night, so dad can feed her. Usually, if we do this she eats about 4 to 5 oz. When she does this, she sleeps 4 to 5 hours during the night. The first couple of nights, I woke up in a complete panic that something was wrong with her because she had not woke up. Now, I enjoy that sleep!
space
space
We were unable to take our pictures with Collins Photography this week due to the photographer having difficulties post labor. We will be taking them the third or fourth week in August. Until then, I have purchased a Canon Rebel XSI to get started with my own photography. Thank you mom and dad for the birthday gift of a camera as that is what I used my money for. I already purchased three "how to" books. I can't wait to get started taking pictures of my beautiful subject! So far, I have just been messing around with the pictures I have already taken.
space

space
Mommy update:
As for me, I am still experiencing some pain and tenderness in the peri area due to tearing really bad during labor. Imaya was so excited to meet her mommy and daddy that she did not wait for the Doctor to perform a episiotomy. In addition, I have been experiencing back pain in the upper portion of my back/shoulders. I believe this is due to holding Imaya when breastfeeding and etc. I am unable to sleep on my back as a result, which is quite hard for me since I am a back sleeper! I hope that both will subside with time=)

0 comments: