Happy Birthday to me!

7.05.2009


Today we headed to Springfield for my birthday. Luckily, TJ had CQ (change of quarters) the night before. Since TJ was up all night performing the duties of CQ, he got the next day off. CQ shifts rotate throughout the company. The CQ shift runs after normal duty hours when the drill sergeant or other noncommissioned officer. Mainly, they ensure that all Soldiers are accounted for and the CQ shifts of the basic training Soldiers perform their assigned nightly duties.
asdfs
For my birthday, TJ bought me a mother's ring. It has two stones: Alexandrite for Imaya and Ruby for me. I am so excited to go pick it up. But even better than the ring was spending the day with Imaya and TJ. Those moments are truly cherished moments that I will never forget!
sfsfdas
I have to tell a little story about the picture of Imaya in her car seat. I swear if she knew how to smile, she would be grinning from ear to ear in this picture! The story goes...daddy took Imaya out to the car to change her while I made a pit stop in the bathroom. When I got to the car, TJ informed me that I only had wipes that needed to be wet in the car. So, I had to run back into the mall and wet the wipe. I returned and TJ began cleaning Imaya...when she decided to pee all over. So, here I am holding our naked baby in the air, while daddy dumped the pee drenched changing pad on the ground. I had tears in my eyes it was so comical.

0 comments: