36 weeks and positive to group B...

6.03.2009

lkjlkj
Our peanut is now 6 pounds. I can definitely feel the extra weight on my body. Peanut is pushing more and more on my bladder so I am constantly back and forth to the bathroom. The head is already in the down position as I feel frequent kicks to the ribs. I feel peanuts foot sticking out of the right side of my belly quite often as there isn't too much room in my belly for the little one to move around anymore. I have experienced much trouble trying to eat a full sized meal and the heart burn continues...yuck!!
lk;k
Our doctors appointments continue every two weeks. This week we found out that I am positive to group B. The group B streptococcus (GBS) bacteria is usually harmless in healthy adults, but it can cause a relatively rare but very serious infection in newborns. Between 10 and 30 percent of pregnant women carry GBS bacteria in the vagina or rectal area, where they may pass it to their babies during labor or birth. I will be receiving an antibiotic treatment during labor as a result of my positive results. This will greatly reduce the risks associated with GBS. Without this medication, the consequences to peanut can be very serious. GBS disease can cause sepsis (an infection in the blood), pneumonia, and meningitis.

0 comments: