Happy Mother's Day...

5.10.2009

First off, I hope all you Mother's had a fabulous Mother's Day!

Mother...we all have one. Life starts in her womb. That miracle of life only occurs to a woman which nobody can take away. A title that spells the meaning of womanhood. A role that entails more than just bearing a child but raising a being to be part of this humanity. Attached to it , is not just joy, not just fulfillment but responsibilities. And for a day in 365 days , we have one chance to honor her. I love you mom!

I am 33 weeks today. Peanut is still moving quite frequently. At the birthing class, I was informed that I should be monitoring baby kicks for any changes. So far no changes...which tell us little Armstrong is doing just fine. It is becoming quite difficult to find comfortable positions to sleep, which makes sleeping soundly a challenge. Other than being tired, exhausted and the frequent heartburn, I really feel pretty good. I know that it could be so much worse from talking to other mothers...

This week we were surprised by the news that my cousin, Nicole and her husband Frank, are expecting. Congratulations! I am so excited to be going through this experience together. Unfortunately, she has been suffering through morning sickness for most of her pregnancy thus far. I didn't have much advice for her in this area, as peanut has been pretty good to mommy. I didn't get sick too often. I did, however, have my bad days. Fortunately, the good days definitely outnumbered the bad ones. I was able to send Nicole all of my baby books. I went a little overboard in the book buying department at the beginning of my pregnancy. With a full-time job and going to school full-time the books only collected dust. I was, however, able to enjoy a few books. I hope she is able to get more use out of them then I did.

Maranda's recommendations:

1. Belly laughs by Jenny McCarthy
2. Baby Bargains by Denise Fields
3. What to Expect When Your Expecting by by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel

The best informative website: baby center.com

0 comments: