It is official...Drill Sergeant Armstrong graduates

3.12.2009






TJ graduated from Drill Sergeant School class 03-09 from Fort Jackson, SC. I was able to be there, although, peanut and I had a little bit of problems getting to daddy due to the weather. My flight from Springfield, MO was delayed due to bad weather in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX where I was supposed to fly in. Thus, when I arrived at Dallas I had missed my flight. The only other way to get to TJ was to fly into Charlotte, NC instead of Columbia, SC where I was originally supposed to go. Poor TJ had to drive 1hr and 1/2 to pick me up at around midnight the night before his graduation. We were all so tired the next day, but it was all so very well worth it. Daddy was able to feel peanut move inside of me. Something I had been waiting for him to experience since he left.


TJ considers this accomplishments to be one of the highlights in his career. He was very excited and proud of himself to be able to be this successful in this short period of time. Now comes the hard part. He has to endure 2 years of working 6-7 day work weeks with hours from 5 in the morning till about 8 at night. He isn't too worried though because this is what he really wants to do and he knows that the payoff will be tremendous. I think even more exciting than his drill sergeant graduation will be the graduation of his first cycle of basic training. I am so very excited to see him and the Soldiers that he has transformed from civilians to Soldiers, In addition, to see the gratitude and thanks he will receive from families and friends of their loved ones.


Although there was some talk about us possibly moving to Fort Jackson, SC or Fort Benning, GA due to Army drill sergeant needs. In the end, we will be staying at Fort Leonard Wood, MO and will stay here until his drill sergeant tour is over. Even though there is not much to do here, I am excited to continue our lives here in Missouri. TJ, on the other hand, saw what Fort Jackson, SC had to offer and was a little bit disappointed to return to MO. Life isn't always about the place you live, but those in which you live there with. I am excited for those memories to continue, especially once our little peanut arrives. We both realize how dramatically our lives are about to change. Although some may believe that

0 comments: